Shark Campaign Objectives
Well protected sharks are a valuable tourist attraction.
- Dispel the myth that sharks and rays are dangerous.
- Raise awareness that sharks and rays are important for the health of the Oceans
- Raise awareness that shark and ray populations locally and globally are threatened by unsustainable shark fishing.
- Develop public and government support for shark and ray protection.
- Work with schools, colleges and universities on lessons, presentations and activities to help protect sharks and rays.
- Work with government departments to add sharks and rays to the protected species law in Malaysia with fishing levels managed to appropriate sustainable levels.
- Improve shark and ray protection by advocating change by appropriate government departments of regulations or sizes of existing marine protected areas.
- Implement shark and ray protection through advocacy and networking to improve fisheries management.
- Contribute to the Malaysian economy by improving the marine tourism products offered.
hand feeding tame rays is a very popular tourist attraction that protects areas and populations.
(Learn more about the problem – the value of sharks – shark crisis – Manta slaughter -
(Learn more about what we are doing- advocacy – campaign objectives - action plans – awareness – protected areas)
JCI Tanjung Aru – The Green Connection - Shark Crisis – Celebes Beach resort – Aquaria KLCC - Scubazoo